Attended a website launch recently and was asked to ‘bring a plate’. Thought these would make for a nice alternative to a dip platter.
- Plastic or glass cups
- 3 Red Capsicum, deseeded and cut into julienne
- 1.5kg carrots, peeled and cut onto julienne
- 8 sticks celery, cut lengthways into thin slices
- 8 Lebanese cucumbers, cut in half lengthways, then cut in half again. If the slices are too thick, then cut in half one more time
- 1kg dip of your choice. I used cucumber and garlic dip here, but spinach, capsicum, hummus would all be yum too!
- Put some dip in the base on each cup
- Cut all veggies to similar lengths so that they just stick out of the cups
- Arrange veggie pieces in each cup
- Refrigerate until required
- Makes around 40 cups (200ml capacity)
- Arrange cups on a nice platter
-> These are best served in wide based, low cups – otherwise it’s difficult getting to the dip. The cups I used in the image were a bit too tall
-> Be creative – use any combination of veggies you like
-> Veggies can be cut earlier in the day and stored in the fridge in an airtight container and made up into cups when ready to serve