Had this punch at Nadia and Mark’s engagement in Sydney many, many years ago! I make it every now and then.. made a few bowls of it for our son’s 21st recently. There’s never any left over!
This quantity makes enough for 2 punch bowls.
- Cut the strawberries into small pieces and marinade in the Cherry Brandy overnight until they are quite drunk..
If pushed for time, several hours will do. The longer the better!
- Pour half the Cherry Brandy & Strawberry mixture into a punch bowl
- Add to this a bottle of Sparkling Wine, half the bottle of Dry Ginger and 1 Litre of lemonade
- Give it a gentle stir and enjoy!
- 1L Bottle of Cherry Brandy (see O’s Tips below)
- 2 punnets strawberries
- 2 bottles Dry (Brut) Sparkling White Wine
- 1.25L Dry Ginger Ale
- 2L Lemonade
-> Don’t use a ‘sweet’ sparkling wine like Spumate. It will make the punch far too sweet and icky!
-> I usually get the ‘BADEL’ brand Cherry Brandy. If you can’t get this one, you can probs use any brand of Cherry Brandy or Cherry Liqueur.